INTRODUCING xHAUL REWRITING THE PLAYBOOK FOR TRANSPORT NETWORKING IN THE RAN IN 5G
5G will be an engine of change in many types of end-customer applications, using numerous new wireless and mobile networking technologies. With 5G, the transport used in the RAN and in backhaul are evolving to employ numerous innovations in transport technologies and architectures, supporting substantially higher capacities, significantly lower latencies, and dramatically wider ranges of topology and service offering than have been capable before. Relatively homogenous backhaul designs of the past decade are evolving into robust fronthaul, midhaul and backhaul (what we refer to as xHaul) deployments to enable the versatility and performnetworking infrastructuresance of 5G based services.
ACG has deep engagement with each of the layers of the technology stacks as they are evolving in:
- wireless and mobile for 5G
- new segment routing and latency sensitive packet networking for the RAN
- evolved optical transport footprints and capabilities
- adjacent segments such as DOCSIS
- HFC evolutions for low latency xHaul in cable
- automation, orchestration and AI to support the expanding footprints
The introductory analysis of the emerging xHaul markets for transport networking in the RAN addresses:
- why they are emerging
- what capabilities and changes are they ushering in
- when the new capabilities are likely to materialize in operators' networks for 5G
- how we will be engaging in those developments as they emerge.
Click to download the whitepaper.
For more information about our xHaul services, contact Rick Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org